View Single Post
Old
08-22-2012, 02:49 PM
mesamonster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zitter63 View Post
I love a good conspiracy theory as well but you need to realize the league wouldn't talk to a guy that didn't have the means to go through with the deal. I might as well call up GB and throw my name in the hat and get my name in the papers for a couple months if they don't actually check to see if you have money. I find this whole stupid situation a joke and emotionally draining on myself and true yote fans but to think GB has just be stringing us along for a high one is just ridiculous. I will admit that i find it strange they talk about him being a few mil short when any business owner knows that you need alot more capital than just the asking price, but your hatred for GB and/or GJ has you sounding like a delusional leafs fan. Unless you have any credible evidence of a GJ failure, i suggest you leave us hopefuls to talk amongst ourselves...... go find a JFK or Area 51 board
Would you ever entertain the idea that if the COG was going to cover your losses as long as there was some hope of finding a new owner that you might suggest to your friend GJ to just throw his hat into the ring. As long as GB controls the narrative then who is to know the real truth. GJ refuses to meet with the media to discuss his bid or any of the details that surround his partners. Why is that? He has nothing to lose by doing so, the capital for the purchase is not what GW is hot and bothered about. By sharing details with the fan base and the taxpayers of Glendale he would be creating the Goodwill necessary to help sell tickets and suites for next year, what harm is in that? MH realized this was a good idea to get out in front of your constituency early and often. Unfortunately he was unable to come up with the funds to purchase the team and w/o the public subsidies was forced to withdraw. The issues with both the COG and GWI are resolved so what is the issue? Even if he came out and said we believe we have a deal but are awaiting the outcome of the CBA negotiations, that would be positive development. He has refused to do any of these which is why my skepticism is so high. And, to your point, he does not seem to have the financial wherewithal to maintain the ongoing projected deficits, so once again a giant red flag. I am an off season resident of Scottsdale, I am a Coyote fan but look at this charade with from a business perspective, I have done many deals in my career, all of which have some semblance of an exit strategy, in this deal I see only closed doors for any prospective purchaser given the shackles imposed by the COG in the AMF!