View Single Post
Old
08-22-2012, 02:52 PM
19 in a row

vCash: 500
If there is a lock out doesn't this all have to fall on Bettman? I can't see how a lockout would be good for the league or the game in general. Isn't it his job to ensure the long run success of this league? Can they take another hit?

Admittedly I have probably not followed as much as many of you so please tell me if you disagree with my perceptions on this but it seems like in a nutshell the owners put a ridiculous proposal out there and the players came back with something that could be worked with, starting by giving some concessions on the revenue split. the owners took the players to town last time and looks like they are trying to break the players again. All this at a time when this league should be doing everything to maintain its current base and promote themselves in a positive light as much as they can.. they don't exactly have the following of the NFL so there is plenty of room for growth.

the fact that they are still so far apart seems to bode poorly, I can't believe that this could happen again but it seems more and more likely that it will drag on.

C'mon Bettman let's be reasonable, get your house in order and let's play some hockey...