View Single Post
Old
08-22-2012, 03:32 PM
FreddtFoyle

vCash: 500
Like Archie, I think the Carroll-Culligan-Wiebe line is probably a lock for the 1st line unless something really changes in training camp.

Fillier has proved his versatility since coming to UNB, so I could Coach putting him in any role after he sorts out the other players. Unless academics get in the way (he is in Engineering) I see him playing every game, somewhere in the lineup.

Rookies at UNB have to earn their ice-time, much like on an NCAA team, so they may suffer some ego-bruising once they've been tested in exhibition games and then discover the press box to start the regular season. Of course injuries to veterans to start the season always create opportunities (and that seems to happen to the V-Reds often ...)

I see Swan on the PP for sure, but I'm not sure where he ends up on regular lines. 3rd maybe? In my mind Pridham is a better two-way player and I again agree with Archie and could see him centring the second line.

Houde-Caron will probably play every game, because he's so consistent. Campbell is streaky offensively and might have to sit a bit. Unless Wudrick shows/grows a bit of grit like MacNeil did he might be having lots more time for social media. As for MacNeil, in my mind he's a lock on the second line.

MacDougall is deceptively good on faceoffs, and certainly uses his size to squeeze guys along the boards. He is very hard to play against, so he'll probably get more ice-time than some of his non-fans believe he deserves.

I see Nesbitt on the second line more than the third. I like Salituro a lot, but he needs to notch points to stay in the line-up as he's just not big enough to be a more "defensive" player on this team. Todd can play on any line, but I think he's destined for perhaps the third line. I just hope he can stay healthy.