View Single Post
Old
08-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Some good arguments here, but i disagree with the one that states that Kings are bad, and they got lucky.

Kopitar, Brown, Richards - leagues top 2 way forwards. Carter was leader in Philly couple of years ago. They have pretty good depth.

Good defense and goaltending, which allows them to play great at man advantage/disadvantage. Bad regular season made us thought they are not that strong, but just look at that roster and the players they have. And they will be strong for a lot of years now. I wouldn`t call that Cindarella story.

But i agree that the fact that we haven`t met in the playoffs (only been there both ONCE) plays huge role.
I said they were irrelevant apart from their cinderella cup win. They were good last year, they underachieved in the regular season but also massively overachieved in the playoffs which unfortunately is all that matters at the end of the day.

And they got extremely lucky, not having to face Sedin in the first series, playing St Louis with an injured Pietrangelo and Halak, then going on to face by far the weakest conference and Stanley Cup finalists in recent memory. And the only player who missed significant time during their run was Gagne.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote