View Single Post
Old
08-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Briere has two more seasons afer this coming one... so he is here for three more seasons with a NMC. To me it looked like you were writing him off after this season with the Flyers having the option of either bringing him back or going another route.

I really don't see Danny choosing to move his family from the Area -- I hear he wants to settle here for the long haul -- and the way he is in the PostSeason, I don't seriously see the Flyers wanting to push him to waive his NMC and find him a desirable home while having to seek out another top tier replacement... who most likely would be at a higher Cap hit and much higher Cash Salary than the lowering Briere one.

Personally I wouldn't look for that great reduction of production and in fact I expect a rebound season as long as he stays healthy... I see the concussion being the reason for the drop off last season; he was having a decent season before it was short circuited... and his PostSeason to me points to the fact he is back on track.

That said, it seems the Flyers are open to a top tier winger ala a Bobby Ryan THIS season to place besides Giroux... I'd rather them go for a top tier or second pairing D-man instead. I believe Jake can become a force in the NHL and that may begin this coming season.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote