Thread: Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Top Prospects #1
View Single Post
Old
08-22-2012, 05:01 PM
ChicagoBlues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
He still should be one of the top prospects here! I read he was indeed offered a contract this season and declined it because he wanted to play a whole season without injuries and also is afraid of a possible lockout! If there is a lockout there will be a LOT of players running to KHL. He probably also get paid a lot more than a entry-lvl contract!?
I know what you mean, but each member here has their own method of selecting a prospect.

For example, I select a prospect based on how close he is to playing in the NHL. Some of that is based on his projection and post-draft hype and analysis (as in the case of 2012 draftees) and also based on which league he's in. Europeans are different, in that they may or not already be here and may or may not ever come over to play or come over for a only short period.

To me, Lehtera is down on the prospect list because he came here and tried it for a only a short period and left.

He never once has attended Blues' training camp and he was not on the 2008 rookie camp roster for Prospect Tournament. He did not participate in the Blues' 2009 Pro-Orientation Camp. He did not participate in the 2009 or 2011 Traverse City Tourney. on and on

He has participated in something with the Blues because I'm pretty sure that I have seen him in photos wearing a "Gold" jersey.

All in all, his lack of interest is a turn-off. In the end, it doesn't matter what we fans or Blues' management want. What Jori Lehtera wants is what matters.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote