Old
08-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
I don't see NJ doing this, Zajac is too important for them right now with Parise gone.
Correct. Zajac is not likely to be traded, and certainly not for a bunch of spare parts from the Flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I don't know what there would be to scoff at, I think its a good package for a player they may lose.

And yes I agree, it would really suck to lose Irving, but considering we have Brossoit, Ramo even Ortio, and Karlsson who is still on contract for this year, we have the depth to make such a move.

The kicker is whether or not this would work for the Devils. Irving would likely be their starter in 2 seasons.
Lou has never made deals because he is afraid of losing a player in free agency. In almost all cases, he'd rather hold onto Zajac for a playoff run than trade him at the deadline for futures.

And no, I don't have your confidence that Irving will be a starter in the NHL. And we'd have nowhere to put him anyway. Brodeur and Hedberg are signed for the next two years. The Devils are high on Wedgewood and Kinkaid, and don't need more prospect goalies.

Basically, this proposal is you trying to spin a bottom 6 centre, your "Jeff Frazee" type goalie prospect, and a grinder prospect into a legitimate top 6 centre. We'll pass.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote