View Single Post
Old
08-22-2012, 06:28 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
I have mixed feelings about Washington. I think even though they lost Semin and gained Ribiero, on paper they don't seem any better than last season. However, last season I think they incredibly underperformed due to injuries and chemistry (which Semin could have been a main cause of. Goaltending is my biggest question with them. Sure, Holtby showed a lot of promise from the time he played, but I don't think it was long enough to consider him their secure number one that will carry them far. I don't think we can put them as division winner locks, but do think they'll put up a hell of a fight for it.

With Carolina, their offense is stacked in the Top 6, which might cause fits for teams like us with a weak overall offense. Ward is probably the most reliable goaltender in the division, so as long as he's healthy, he can possibly be a huge factor with them reaching the post-season if the offense scores like they should. I'm just questioning their defense, which still is rather weak IMO. I'd expect them to have many high scoring games and get scored on the from the opposition.

On paper, I think both of those teams do have better overall rosters than we do, but as we saw last season, we beat out the Caps. Well, barely.

I'm not that impressed with what the Lightning acquired that much, but they should be much better on defense. Their goaltending is still questionable though, but Lindback could be one of those guys who come out of nowhere and carry them. Their offense is still rather weak under the Top line. If Stamkos misses most of the season, I don't see them making the playoffs easily.

I think the Jets will be better with Jokinen. Possibly a playoff team, but I wouldn't call them a lock. They'll certainly come close if they don't.

It's really hard to predict this year. I'm not as optimistic as I wish I could be after last season. I don't see us winning the division, but then again nobody did last season. I could honestly see us finishing last if we have injuries or things don't work out with chemistry. I'm just going to guess that we finish in 3rd, but could be 1st or 5th as well.

At this point, I'm just hoping that we have a freaking season.

I wrote way more than I had planned to. Apologies for my novel here

FlaPnthrsPunk is online now   Reply With Quote