View Single Post
Old
08-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes View Post
From what I saw at the Canada-Russia Challenge, Jenner falls higher up in the lineup. He's a guy who is probably filling a third line role alongside someone like Philip Danault. But some of that depends on how they build their team and how the scoring lines figure out (and how guys like Hudon, MacKinnon, Di Guiseppe, Shinakruk, Roy, etc. fit in the lineup or don't).

Lessio was another guy that Spott seemed to like and so he played a higher role (energy guy on the top six).

I would say, based on the Canada-Russia Challenge, Sutter's competing with guys like Brendan Leipsic and Tom Wilson for a spot.
Thanks Kevin. I was thinking that as well. It might come down to which players the team has that didn't make the NHL, and if the team wants to run 3 scoring lines. I was thinking from that starting point (3 scorign lines) that Sutter might be working against the other energy / grinder types.

But if the team loses some of the top line talent, I defiantly could see the scenario that you describe with Jenner higher in the lineup and a guy like Sutter on the 4th line.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote