: Prospect Info:
Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion 6.0
View Single Post
08-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mountain View, CA
Originally Posted by
That's a pathetic ranking.
(O'Regan, Stalberg, Ryan, and Moffie make up the next bunch, IMHO).
I always find it hard to compare players of different positions. I'd say our best forward prospects are,
1. Nieto and Hertl, both seem to have the makings of true top 6 players.
2. Hamilton, seems to be pretty solid defensively and seems on track to be at least a quality third liner.
3. Kuraly, came outta nowhere and seems to have put it together. Looks to have top 6 potential but small sample size, much too early to tell.
4. Travis Oleksuk, kind of a wild card who had an amazing senior year, has a very good chance of making the bigs. Glad we got him!
5. Stalberg, O'Regan, Blackwell as wild cards, most interested in Stalberg and will be following O'Regan closely at BU. Cody Ferriero is another one who was playing great at Northeastern before his injury, will keep an eye on him as well. Also hoping Viedensky turns it around.
1. Tennyson, another player I am really excited to see the Sharks pick up! Has a ton of potential, possibly enough to impress at camp and stay up for a few. Most likely spends a few years in Wor.
2. Irwin and Pelech, these are the two I see as potential call ups. Very close to being NHL ready.
4. Abeltshauser and Acolatse
5. Petrecki and Doherty, if they turn it around they could be solid, but as of now looking like busts.
1. Stalock, has the potential to see NHL time if one of Niemi or Greiss falters or is injured. He's our best shot at having a legit starting goalie for the future.
3. Anderson, I like his game but think he's a little under sized.
Last edited by KirbyDots: 08-22-2012 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by KirbyDots