View Single Post
Old
08-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Harnessed in Slums

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrace View Post
Nice write up. I won't profess to knowing enough about these guys to comment on the ranking, but I'd like to know if the projection about Tatar being a checking line guy is held unilaterally. I know his stock has dropped slightly in terms of production, but after watching him at the WCs it looked like he could still be a 2nd liner if things go right. Thoughts?
I am one of those guys who isn't amped on Tatar. If he was a surefire top 6 forward he'd probably have made the team or would be a lock this season. He's got decent offensive skills but he doesn't have any one skill that really stands out. So I think bottom 6 forward is a very safe projection. Val Filppula had one season in Grand Rapids and put up 71 points. Tatar has two seasons as a Griffin and has scored 57 and 58 points. It took Filppula a bit to firmly establish himself as a top 6 forward but he's clearly our best forward behind Pavs and possibly, maybe Hank.

I simply haven't seen enough from Tomas Tatar to be convinced he's a solid top 6 NHL forward.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote