Hudon-Jenner-Danault
Leipsic-Roy-Sutter
Wilson

Game 4:
Huberdeau-Strome-Lessio
Monahan-Scheifele-Rattie
DiGiuseppe-Danault-Hudon
Shinakruk-Jenner-Wilson

In Game 4, Jenner saw a lot more action than his spot in the lineup dictated, mainly filling in for Danault while he missed a period getting stitches and on the PK. I really like the PK combination of Jenner and Danault and I would be surprised if Hockey Canada didn't feel the same way.

But if it shakes down that two of Huberdeau/Scheifele/Strome are in the NHL and unavailable, maybe a guy like MacKinnon fills one of those top six roles and maybe Hudon fills the other. Not sure if there are other forwards in the mix.

I think you're looking at a third line with Danault and Jenner and someone (DiGuseppe? Lessio?). Fourth line then boils down to Wilson/Sutter/Leipsic? Of course other players might also factor in (Brendan Gaunce, Mark McNeill) which complicates matters futher.

A strong start to the season will help him, as will showing extra discipline in his game. Obviously on top of that, we're talking a strong camp in December.

If there's a lockout enough that Strome/Schiefele/Huberdeau and (perish the thought) Nugent-Hopkins are available, then all bets are off.

Last edited by Kevin Forbes: 08-22-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote