View Single Post
Old
12-04-2003, 09:13 AM
looooob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reg dunlop
it doesnt matter how many chances he gets, he doesnt bury them. i am a flames fan, and he is very overrated. 1 good year does not a superstar make.. when iginla had that breakout year, so did bertuzzi and naslund. difference being that naslund and bertuzzi continue to evolve and show that it is not a 1 year wonder... iginla might be the greatest guy around, but he is not even close to that 50 goal player of 2 years ago..... if the RIGHT deal came by, i would think they would have to trade him...
a few counterpoints to that might be that Bertuzzi and Naslund are both at least a few years older than Iginla, and they have each other to feed off of.I'm pretty sure if you looked at all 3 up to age 26(Iginla's current age), then Iginla has the best numbers.

Having said that it's been a worrisome trend for Iginla since his 'breakout year' and I'm not disputing he's currently overpaid for the production he has brought to the table this year.

I just have this feeling that by the time Iginla's career is over , he won't be looked at as a 30 goal guy who had 'one good year'....he's got more left in him....will they be in Calgary though?