View Single Post
Old
04-30-2006, 07:01 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogins scouter
You can't ask begin to be the first line center when he come back from an injury...
Plekanec will be much better to do this role. I agree with you to let play perezhogin and plekanec on the pp and i would stop playing bulis on the pp because i dont have finishing hability at all...
well, depending on whether the game has very few PPs like game 4, then Begin can play "first line minutes" (and I use that term loosely) while only playing about 10-15 minutes because the PK time will be limited.

To me, its more like a trial run. Use Begin's energy in the first period so the team can feed off of it. If Begin shows signs of tiring, then we can ease his ice time but we desperately need to set the tone early and Begin is one of those guys that can do that.

It might not turn out to be a very productive line in terms of goal scoring but I think this line would be able to keep the puck in the offensive zone for long periods of time due to the ability of winning puck battles along the boards. Higgins and Begin are very good at that. Add to that the fact that I feel very comfortable with Begin's responsible 2-way play and I think this line definitly wont hurt the team in terms of goals against. Obviosuly, that means I'm looking for the goals from the kovalev line and the zednik line. Anyways, these are the types of players that have to rise to the occasion to fill the void of koivu.

Last edited by Hackett: 04-30-2006 at 07:06 AM.