View Single Post
Old
08-23-2012, 11:18 AM
rj

vCash: 500
Hi all. Didn't know this thread existed. Senior club rugby union player in North Carolina.

As far as the TRC matches this past weekend, the All Blacks and Wallabies was a penalty-ridden game but the Aussies just didn't play well. I think it was Higginbotham that was running in the open for an easy try with the NZ defense behind him and dropped a sitter of a pass from his teammate. Just summed up Australia really although amazingly they were only down 5 in the last 5 minutes! New Zealand didn't have their best game either.

I turned off SA-Arg at about 60 minutes. Argentina just weren't up to that class yet although poor kicking did them no favors. Hope they play much better this coming weekend with the homefield advantage. (and in a good timezone too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionda View Post
The U.S is suddenly a better stage for International Rugby Union than Canada ?

This is news to me , if they manage to outbid this country it will be a rather pathetic showing on our part.

When did they create a better developmental system than B.C or Ontario?
There is little participation at the high school stage, whereas essentially every B.C and Ontario secondary school has a rugby union team (as well as club teams).
Let's be honest, with how poorly ran the game is in Canada and the U.S. and how poor money-wise both countries are in rugby, neither one is hosting a Rugby World Cup anytime soon unless the IRB all get drunk on whiskey one night.

(Our best high school rugby is played in Northern California and Utah.)

Last edited by rj: 08-23-2012 at 11:33 AM.