Thread: Capuano's Grade
View Single Post
Old
08-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Menwithouthat tricks

vCash: 500
I gave him a C, could have gone with a D. It's been so long, that I've forgotten most of the stuff that irritated me about him. Truth be told, there are many coachs who act as traffic cap and are just okay. He's not Hitchcock or Tortorrella or someone whose coaching makes the team better. He doesn't have his players set up those fraction-of-a-second picks that don't get called that provide a little bit of space for the offenseman to get a good shot off.

We did have an okay power play and penalty kill. Whether Niedderreiter should have stayed up or not was probably outside his control, but being that he was with the big club, Capuano famously mishandled him. If Rolston wasn't putting out top effort, then that's on Capuano.

Much of our lack of success was due to having only one good puck-moving defenseman who was recuperating from a season off due to injury, and only one good physical defenseman still immature enough so that big forwards still got the better of him. And the goaltending situation was still being worked out and I believe he had little control of that. So I decided not to go lower than a C, though I still want him replaced when somebody better becomes available.

Menwithouthat tricks is offline   Reply With Quote