View Single Post
Old
08-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
Girardi makes decisions on par with John Mitchell and Stu Bickel. He's not as good as people make him out to be. Just because he can eat minutes doesn't equate to him being a top-2 defenseman. He had a good stretch with McDonagh, but that was mainly because McDonagh is a monster and covered up for Girardi's flubs. Same goes for when he was paired with Staal: he was almost constantly having to bail him out for Girardi's screw ups. I wouldn't mind if Girardi was our #3, but the only other person that I feel would work well with Staal would be Del Zotto (I wouldn't use McDonagh with Staal simply due to having to break up their shut down styles effectively) and I'm not sure if DZ could handle almost 30 minutes a game night-in, night-out.
Yeah OK. The coach thinks highly of him. He's a physical, shutdown defenseman. He had the most TOI of any D in the regular season (At least at some point- he still finished top 5.)

Oh yeah, and I don't know if you watched a lot of games, but Staal-Del Zotto was a colossal failure.

Torts likes to use lefties on the left side, righties on the right side. Sorry, but right now, our righty side is Girardi, Stralman, Bickel, and a concussed Sauer.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote