View Single Post
Old
08-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Nsjohnson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Personally, I think a Parise-Koivu-Bouchard line sounds a lot better than Parise-Koivu-Heatley. We all know that Koivu and Butch work extremely well together on a line. Adding Parise as the finisher for those two just sounds too enticing to me. Then you add on the idea of Heatley-Granlund-Seto as a second line and things just get even more attractive.
IMO, I don't think Parise is exactly a 'finisher'. That's one thing NJ fans have right. He scores 30-40 a year, but it's mostly grinding pick up the garbage goals (which, I have NO problem with, it doesn't take away from his talent). Anyways, I think BOTH lines work out, but I totally see your point in that Koivu and PMB work well together.

One thing I keep wondering is PMB's (non)ability to defend well. It's not so much a positional thing as it is a size thing. I'm wondering if having PMB and Seto on the same line creates quite a lapse in defense.

PMB has a GREAT underrated shot, and Seto has a hell of a shot too, so if Granlund can gel with them and they simply heat up on offense, maybe the defense thing won't matter.