View Single Post
Old
08-23-2012, 02:44 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsjohn130 View Post
IMO, I don't think Parise is exactly a 'finisher'. That's one thing NJ fans have right. He scores 30-40 a year, but it's mostly grinding pick up the garbage goals (which, I have NO problem with, it doesn't take away from his talent). Anyways, I think BOTH lines work out, but I totally see your point in that Koivu and PMB work well together.

One thing I keep wondering is PMB's (non)ability to defend well. It's not so much a positional thing as it is a size thing. I'm wondering if having PMB and Seto on the same line creates quite a lapse in defense.

PMB has a GREAT underrated shot, and Seto has a hell of a shot too, so if Granlund can gel with them and they simply heat up on offense, maybe the defense thing won't matter.
Parise's goal scoring style is very similar to Heatley's at this point in Heater's career. You can't have two players picking up the garbage goals on the same line (well, not effectively at least) because there's only so many opportunities to do so. That's my biggest concern, both Parise and Heatley like to occupy the same space on the ice, so they likely won't mesh as well as that line with Butch on it.