View Single Post
Old
08-23-2012, 06:24 PM
DyerMaker66*

vCash: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
How was it weak? Carolina had no defense and he backstoped them with very good stats. It wasn't even controversy that he beat out Staal despite Staal's 28 points. On the second part, how is that turning my arguement around? Ward's been completely better than Fleury, who cares that Fleury has a more recent cup.

Ward's numbers may look better? They would definitely look better, and they'll already very good. It mean's absolutely nothing that he didn't make the 2010 team, Fleury was more established for Team Canada and let's be honest, the third stringer will never play a game.

I really think you know nothing about Cam Ward. You're acting like he's putting up crap stats on a crap team and doing nothing. He's putting up extremely good stats on one of the worst defenses in the league, he faces the most saves and he steals more games than any goalie in the league. Team Canada raved about him before this years WC, there is no way he is behind Price and Fleury. Luongo is the only one ahead of him currently.

Ward is a top 5 goalie in the league, he's currently Canada's best goalie, I don't know how you can say he's not elite.
I'd say that Carey Price is currently Canada's best goalie.