Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XV
View Single Post
Old
08-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Atlas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
I can't get behind this, not totally. It's more than just not liking the style, it's turning a good possession team into a horrible one. To me style is about what you do with possession (or when the other team doesn't have possession). Turning them into such a poor possession team is objectively bad.

To me the work he did would have been great if it had come from an assistant. Getting the guys to give their all in the D-zone? Commendable. Being the tough guy with some of the superstars? A breath of fresh air, probably. But I want the head coach to actually coach the team on the ice, too, not just get them to buy in.

brs, the team sucked. It was a Hunter Hockey Miracle that we even made the playoffs.

Scottie Bowman in his greatest days could not have done any better with the thin roster the Caps had last year. Our franchise is just not being run properly. McPhee tries and I like some of the things he does. But he is slow and timid--overall, he is incompetent. I'm sorry, George, it is what it is!

I think Ted is the true incompetent...if George was under a more fiery, knowledgable owner then George might well be bolder and successful. But Ted is satisfied with not winning anything in the playoffs if the fans are happy coming to the games. It's his team. He can have them.