Old
08-23-2012, 10:40 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1276
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
If anyone is interested, here is Frankel running in the Juddmonte international over 10 Furlongs for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr_ChX6Jv4s

He was already considered the best European miler of all time (and has the highest rating of all time), but this puts him clearly above him anything we have at 10/12 furlongs too. It's almost sad that his racing career is over, because i doubt i will ever see a better horse.

Unfortunately he won't be running in the BC. His trainer isn't a fan of the meeting, but more importantly, it's on dirt rather than proride, so they won't risk him, which is hardly suprising given he's the most valuable horse alive.
Personally, I think he's above the Breeders' Cup. We make it out to be this big event, 'World Championships,' etc., but it only really affects the legacies of North American horses, and hurts them when Europeans come over to show them up. I think people know Europe is where the big boys run, and American horses can't really compete. Plus, Europeans seem to prefer the Arlington Million and Canadian International. It would be nice if he came, but the big European stars mean more to the show and not necessarily the race.

Speaking of the Arlington Million, how about Little Mike? Stealing one on the front end much like The Tin Man did once upon a time. Ramon Dominguez with his 2nd Million win, and no one's ever won 3.

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2015

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17