View Single Post
Old
08-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Gomer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Saw the pictures and agree that you seem to have that wider forefoot, deep instep and narrow ankles that you mentioned. I appreciate the situational breakdown too!

Don't worry about the regional markups, the opportunity to get them baked/fitted/sharpened will outweigh any small markups. If you factor in the uncertainty of online purchasing, wait time and necessity for a bake/sharpen, it will almost always be worth it to buy locally.

Did you try the Vapors in a EE width?
Soooooo... I went back on tried on a Supreme. By the time it was all said and done, I wound up in a 5.5D ONE.9. It felt pretty good. Close to the front of the boot but not tight at all. One of my heels was a little loose but as far as my experience goes, was on par or a little better than everything else I've worn. If anything they were a little tighter in the ankle then I like (pinching the Achilles a bit). I expect that if I buy them, that will settle down a bit.

So where I stand today... they are ordering a Vapor in a 5.5EE for me. I couldn't see dropping 4 bills on a new pair of skates without exploring my options. Though the Supremes felt pretty good.

My concern is:
1.The differences in the Vapors and Supremes. As I understand it the Vapor is more "aggressive" while the Supreme is more back on the heels. I've only been skating 3 years but I'm good enough that that surprises most people. But I have no idea what that means. As I understand it, the S12s I had were aggressive as well. Is it easy to adapt from one to the other. Again, I don't like the idea of a $400 experiment.

2. Is a junior Supreme the same quality/durability as a senior Supreme?

3. I can afford a jr ONE.9, but if I were in a sr, I'd only be buying the ONE.7. The jr ONE.7 is half as much as the jr ONE.9. Am I really getting 2X as much skate?