View Single Post
Old
12-04-2003, 10:12 AM
serum114

vCash: 500
I like this deal (Perry and a 1st) were it to go down, and I'll tell you why:

First off, if Lowe can't get a young, NHL-ready D man back in any deal, I don't think he should nab a roster player (unless Salo or one of our surplus forwards are included).

Second, Lowe has always been planning and building post-2004. If that's the case, landing a 6'3" high scoring junior player who was tabbed to go first round in 2003 (were it not for his injury) isn't a bad thing in any way, shape or form.

Third, the pick we get back from Anaheim will likely be in the top 15, possibly even the top 10. Were we to wait until the draft, I doubt we could move Comrie straight up for a top 10 pick (by all reports we couldn't even do it this year).

Finally, it would lift a cloud from over this team. Try as they might, they can't ignore the fact that, post Heritage Classic, media has been circling the Oilers like vultures, waiting for something to happen.

If it gets announced that the Oilers nab Perry and a 1st FOR Comrie, I will be pleased. Not happy, not upset, just pleased. Although the 1st is the key in my eye. If it reverts to that dastardly 2nd rounder rumor, there will be no happiness here.

My 2 cents...