Thread: Speculation: Ennis, Ryan, Gagner
View Single Post
Old
08-24-2012, 07:46 AM
umbertovanek
Je suis Charlie

vCash: 500
Ennis for Ryan I'd consider, but not Ennis for Gagner.
Problem with Gagner is, he doesn't really have an area of true elite skill, AFAIR.
He obviously isn't top end gritty or physical due to his size, but he isn't exactly the fastest guy or most flashy puckhandler either. Neither does he have the instincts of an elite scorer. Not to take anything away from him, but outside of his odd multi-point game here and there, he doesn't look like the guy who can carry a team's offense.

Not so with Ennis. We know his flaws, we know he's undersized and sub-par defensively, but when he's on his game he actually can be the catalyst of a team's offense. Also, I'd consider his puckhandling and passing skills elite.

Contrary to most people here, I don't think that Ennis has to be a C necessarily. If all of Hodgson, Grigorenko and Girgensons pan out, why not put him back to wing? It's good to see he can thrive as an offensive center, but it's not like he didn't show his skills when he played wing.

I'd say Ennis' potential at center is Briere. On the wing it's St. Louis. I'd be more than happy with either. Also, something about the way he carries himself both on and off the ice, tells me he is very likely to actually reach his potential.

umbertovanek is offline   Reply With Quote