View Single Post
Old
08-24-2012, 10:26 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
I don't have faith in him. I think his trade value now is higher than why he'll ever be as a player. From all reports he wasnt exactly eager to learn.

Had a pretty bad season and Carlos Martinez has passed him in value in the front offices eyes.

He won't be in the rotation next year anyway.
I don't think that Carlos Martinez has passed him. Martinez is also a lot further away. I think Shelby Miller and Joe Kelly will be the two competitors for the 5th spot in the rotation. If Kelly loses, I could see Kelly becoming the long reliever, whereas Miller would return to Memphis. I honestly think that Miller will beat out Kelly, and take the 5th spot. Miller started out the year poorly, but now has been on fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
The only thing that concerns me about Miller is that I've read in multiple reports that he was forced into a "no shake" situation.
I don't think that it's that unusual for a young pitcher, especially one who relies on his fastball. When he started to get hit at the beginning of the season, he became increasingly reliant on the fastball, pitching it more often than he should, because he was most confident in that pitch. That meant that hitters could wait on his fastball and then be ready for it. The no shake rule was more to get him more confidence in his offspeed pitches, and judging by his results recently, it's worked.