View Single Post
Old
08-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
I can't see Couturier putting up any impressive point totals until he gets a better even strength offensive role. Right now he's obviously being put into a defensive role at ES and may see some secondary PP time (which should help his point production and maturing). He needs more time to develop despite his exceptional ability to acclimate to the big stage already. He's still simply too young, raw, and not relied upon (offensively speaking) to impress the league more then he already has. There's the off-chance that Coots and Schenn break out offensively together next season with Schenn definitely seeing an increased offensive role, but that's a lot of hope to put into two sophomores.

Coots is by far my second favorite player on the team at the age of 19 and I don't even follow minor hockey or prospects well so to be that popular with me and others this early on is an impressive feat on it's own. He's made a mark on the league in his first season...not many players can do that and even fewer do it in the way he did (shutting down Malkin while putting up some secondary offense to boot). He'll be a top NHL star after several seasons (probably around the same time Briere leaves or is up for a new contract), that I have no doubts about. However, I do doubt he makes any bigger an impression then he already has until then. At least not a markedly more one.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote