Thread: Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Top Prospect #11
View Single Post
Old
08-24-2012, 11:28 AM
STL fan in IA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Went with Lehterä. PPG in the world's second best league has to count for something. Grachev is a good choice too, but has seemed to struggle since he joined the Blues. That said, he is due for a rebound season and who knows what could happen if you put him on a line with the tank. Being a strong skater with a big body...he definitely fits Hitchcock's mold of an ideal centerman.
I believe Grachev has exclusively played the wing since coming to the Blues/Rivs. Whenever there is a season, I just don't see Grachev getting an opportunity with Tarasenko. Tarasenko deserves better than that and the Blues have better than that.

As for Lehtera, I think he makes a very fine Euro player but I don't think his style will translate all too well to the NHL. Add in that I don't think he has much of a shot of making it in the NHL without putting some time in at the AHL level coupled with his likely unwillingness to do that and I just don't see him ever having much of an NHL career. I'll be happy if I end up being wrong on that but I suspect that at most, he comes over for a while, doesn't stick immediately and we'll soon see him back playing in Europe.

STL fan in IA is online now   Reply With Quote