View Single Post
Old
08-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Nabru
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoSanchez15 View Post
How can the Hounds possibly be worse than they were last year? The only guys they lose are their OA's who were basically useless most of the year and trade a struggling Curcuruto for Gudbranson on D.

Now I don't think they'll be contenders this year but I don't see why they aren't at least as good or better than Erie, Sarnia, Saginaw, Windsor and maybe Guelph.
Because the majority of the players returning just aren't good. Gudbranson is nothing special either. Sorry, but we've heard 3 years in a row from Soo fans: "We have X amount of NHL drafted players, we return X amount of guys." If David Broll is your best winger, you're going nowhere. Even if I said Erie will improve, I still think the Soo is better. But that is debateable. The Soo are probably not a playoff team again.

Kingpin, the only reason I have Saginaw getting worse is because of the talent they are losing both up front and on the blue line. I feel they have a top 5 goalie in the O and I see a bright future with Gilbert as coach. I don't think it's unreasonable to say they'll finish below 5th in the Conference, moreso with teams like London, Plymouth, and Kitchener being favourites and Guelph, Windsor and Erie improving. I really like Saginaw's future over other teams who are re-building.

Nabru is offline   Reply With Quote