View Single Post
Old
08-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Why would you move a player who's a top 5 center to a different position unless he regresses (which could very well happen)? I love Couturier, but it's threads like these why people call him overrated. That being said, I think sky's the limit for him, but I don't see him ever reaching that level.

Anyway, if anyone's moved to wing, it'll be Schenn IMO.
That's the same exact thing non Flyers fans said when we were all lauding Giroux when he burst on to the scene even though only put up 47 points. Look at how that turned out.

Some players it's easy to tell that they have "it". It's easy to tell with Couturier. He has a defensive awareness and character to him that is unnatural for a player his age. He has the draft pedigree and offensive skills to boot too.

Point being, when a player is this universally noticed and lauded by a fan-base as having something special (and in the case of some non Flyers fans too even) then there must be something to it. There's always the outside chance he'll bust and the moderate chance he won't ever be a great scorer in this league, but he's definitely something special.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote