View Single Post
Old
08-24-2012, 02:25 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
That's why places like Hockey Tron are getting a foothold in the market. They are selling sticks that weigh 395 grams for $130. I haven't broken a composite stick in a few years, for me the key was finding the brand I liked, the curve I liked and the flex I like and then I stick with that brand unless I have issues. I loved Easton sticks, the Gaborik SL was my favorite but it broke way too easy. Right now I'm using Combat with a Coffey curve-which is the curve I've been using for a long time and I haven't had any issues. People know when they are buying the latest and greatest they are getting ripped off but they want the latest and the greatest RIGHT NOW. Unless you're a pro or on the verge of going pro there is no reason to buy the current top of the line when last year's top of the line are sitting right next to it on sale collecting dust. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy $900 skates or $300 skates but apparently that is what the free market can bare according to the suits who come up with the prices. Stop buying it and prices will drop.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote