View Single Post
Old
08-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Til the End of Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
You're assuming a lot and the Penguins' financial situation is a lot better than it used to be, without or without Crosby. The team has much deeper pockets now, a new arena, etc. You can't assume just because we're not Philly or NY that any player proposal is going to be "bad for the Penguins".

To answer your other question, there is no fundamental problem the league faces financially. The problem is the owners decided to make a money grab and won't back down from a ridiculous position. They have intended to lock the players out from the beginning of the summer IMO. They knew there was no chance in hell the proposal they made would fly, on any of the major points.
\

honest question, how exactly are the penguins in a much better financial situation than a decade ago? are their pockets really that much deeper now?

they have a new arena, big stars, and a winning product. but the ownership is the same. people talk about burkle and his huge pockets but he was still a part of the ownership group when the team was about the leave town. hes not suddenly some sort of savior that is willing to lose huge amounts of money.

i seriously cant believe you are blaming the owners for this. they are probably all a-holes. i just know bettman has treated the penguins EXCEEDINGLY well during his time as commissioner. i also dont know anything about baseball, because the sport is retarded. and its retarded largely because of fehr. you seriously dont see anything wrong in siding with that guy?

Til the End of Time is offline   Reply With Quote