Old
08-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
\

honest question, how exactly are the penguins in a much better financial situation than a decade ago? are their pockets really that much deeper now?

they have a new arena, big stars, and a winning product. but the ownership is the same. people talk about burkle and his huge pockets but he was still a part of the ownership group when the team was about the leave town. hes not suddenly some sort of savior that is willing to lose huge amounts of money.

i seriously cant believe you are blaming the owners for this. they are probably all a-holes. i just know bettman has treated the penguins EXCEEDINGLY well during his time as commissioner. i also dont know anything about baseball, because the sport is retarded. and its retarded largely because of fehr. you seriously dont see anything wrong in siding with that guy?
we are much better off than a decade ago mostly because of the arena situation. We are stable now. Before we were a train wreck. But we certainly aren't a team that could spend with the likes of Philly or NYR if the cap were to go away. As you said, aside from the very short term, a lower cap is absolutely in our favor. We are probably somewhere towards the middle overall as far as ability to spend goes.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote