Thread: OT: The Music Thread
View Single Post
08-24-2012, 04:04 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Live is the best way to enjoy most music. For me at least. I remember seeing u2 for the first time at the Aragon back in 83. Almost missed my HS graduation for the show and it was totally worth it. Haven't missed one of their tours since. Not really any bands around that have what U2, PJ and the like have.
Me too.

Being a studio musician is all well and good, but music is a performance art. For me, studio music is missing half the performance. Especially for bands/artists that tend to improvise in their concerts.

To that end, RHCP (with Frusciante) is one of the greatest bands I've ever seen live. They do a lot of improvising in every single show, and it's amazing. One day, I'll make it to a Motorpsycho concert, since I've heard they're some of the best at the concert experience.

Also to that end, I can't handle most rap concerts. It tends to be the same beat, but a significantly worse vocal performance. Kanye West and Jay-Z's tour being the only exception to that I've ever seen. They really switched it up, and it was fantastic.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote