View Single Post
Old
08-24-2012, 04:11 PM
gorbs27

vCash: 500
CC, don't refer to anything I have written (draft review) as an article. It is just drivel from a fan.

With respect to being last in the league in goals against, there is no where to go but up right? Haha. On a serious note, it is really nice to see the depth on the back end is improving. I'm not sure the younger guys like Barberio, Gudas, Oberg and to a lesser extent Korobov are ready to help at the NHL level just yet, although I am optimistic about Barberio and Gudas and quite curious to see how Korobov fits in.

Having a healthy group containing Hedman, Brewer, Carle and Salo should provide major improvements over what we saw last year. Health is obviously going to be a big concern with Salo, but most believe when he is in the lineup he will be solid. Given that top four most of the year, I think any of Lee, Mikkelson, MAB and Aulie can play effective "sheltered" minutes.

Most importantly, goaltending figures to be better by default with Rollie out (horrid year notwithstanding, I've always been a fan of his and was glad to see him play as well as he did two years ago) and Lindback in. I'm probably higher on Lindback than most, and was quite happy he was brought in. I think they can use this year as a platoon year, if you will, with Lindback and Garon. Clearly Lindback will be given the chance to show he can handle big minutes (or bigger than he has to this point in the NHL), but it may be wise to not pencil him in for 55+ games yet.

Anyway, since I'm not able to write at THW any longer (I had a good month run) I figure I should start posting here. Hopefully it takes a while before you guys and gals are sick of me and add me to the ignore list, haha. Whenever they decide to start playing this year, it would be cool to see some of you out at the Forum this year.

gorbs27 is offline   Reply With Quote