View Single Post
Old
08-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Subban76

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I despise the Nationals because they represent the feeling I had that last season when 11 year old me was holding on to shallow optimism that the team was gonna stay. Then Puerto-Rico came. Then it was almost finalized. Then it happened. The Expos were my all time favourite team, miles ahead of the Canadiens. And the Nationals represent that anger I had towards Loria, Sampson, Selig and MLB. Sure it's an unfair hatred, but it's not one that's going to die.

Imagine you had a really good girlfriend, but you guys broke up. Would you wish her well with her new boyfriend? No, you want her new boyfriend to not be as good as you were. Same feeling here.

I should also mention that I don't hate D.C., their fans or any of their specific players (Except Harper, but that's because he's younger than me and already has more money than I ever will!). In fact, I really want to see Strasburg exceed expectations (great first name and all).
I have that hatred, but towards Selig, Loria and Samson (petit trot et grand galot) and the Marlins.

The Nats are really a great fun team to watch right now.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote