08-24-2012, 07:22 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
ruff is next

re-signing talent doesn't make you a contender... ask calgary
I mean, this is what I don't get. Vanek and Pommer don't carry teams on their backs through the playoffs. But they're high talent players who, on a contender, wouldn't have to. You surround them with more talent. If the prospects have it in them, they can make a nice supporting cast that spreads the scoring out. But it's wildly, blindly optimistic to assume that the prospects are going to - in two years time! - be so much better than our current best forwards that the best thing they can do is get out of the way and let the opposition train their top pairing against the kids.

I mean, I don't even know how to argue with that. It's nonsense. Why don't we let everybody walk and just assume the whole group down in Rochester, plus Shane Doan, would turn into cup winners. It makes as much sense.

I definitely grasp your opinion. I think the easiest thing to do is to bank on promising kids that haven't let you down yet. But your argument is just to jettison talent for the sake of jettisoning talent. Then plug a few scrappy veterans around whatever's left. If I was so confident that our fresh draft picks would be cup contenders within two years, ****, I'd never worry about anything with this team.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote