View Single Post
Old
08-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Arizona has some of the toughest DUI laws in the country. Hell, you can get arrested in AZ for a DUI without even driving the car, truck, etc.

Lets say you walk out of a bar drunk and your car keys are in your possession, the police can and will arrested you for a DUI on the basis of probable cause.

Hell, I knew a guy who was sleeping in the back of his truck drunk and was going to drive in the morning when he sobered up. The police woke him up at 3AM in the parking lot while telling he they can arrested him for a DUI. He didn't get arrested for seeing that the police told him he better get someone to give him a ride home at that very moment.

What that being said, I would be shocked if the book on the 2nd offense wasn't thrown at Mark.
Those are stringent laws. In New Jersey it is a joke. I had a friend killed by a drunk driver who already two offenses and was driving without his license when the fatal accident occurred. In the two cases you mentioned I think that is ludicrous to get a DUI, I just feel if you get behind a wheel drunk and get caught, you should go to jail (even if it is your first offense).

Justified is offline   Reply With Quote