View Single Post
Old
12-04-2003, 11:52 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
Some teams have established identical systems on their farm team and NHL team in order to facilitate their players' transition from AHL to NHL. Albany River Rats and New Jersey Devils are apparently a very good example of this.

What I want to know is this: Do Hamilton and Montreal share the same system? Also, what has changed since Doug Jarvis (Gainey's man) took command of the team this season?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Well systems take time to fully get going. With Savard and Jarvis pretty much running things down there, I think we are in good hands. (savard doesn't have to sign anyone down there :p ) I would assume that they will try and run similiar systems, as I think they do without being technical. Both coaches seem to want a tight checking team. In the games I was at, I didn't really focus on system but more on certain players. But whatever they are doing, it's working cause they still at 2nd overall in the AHL, with 5 rookies and 8 or 9 new players as well, it's good to see them find success so quickly.

Now they just need to get their own ECHL team, and clean it up. No excuses. The ECHL team stinks big time. Sign a bunch of FA from the NCAA and overagers from the CHL to see what they can do. I'm not saying go sign 10 guys, but a handful would be a good start. Linglet, Luttes, Fillon, Rene Bourque, Hennigar (OHL), Yann Danis (has insane numbers), Russo, Shinnin (not drafted twice) Now I know it won't happen, and the ECHL isn't a big deal, but if you try you could find some good future AHL players and who knows from there. The ECHL has improved over the years, and hopefully continues to get even better. Get our own team soon and fill it with guys who want a shot but might not get one. And Yes I know most of them wouldn't amount to much, but it's not like they make much money in the ECHL, so we aren't talking big losses.