: Horse Racing:
Through December 1, 2012 (thread has been locked due to reaching 1,000 posts)
View Single Post
08-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Gr 1 Travers
The Mid-Summers Derby is a competitive race with no real stars in the field.
1. Speightscity - broke maiden by 11 over the track. Away since February. Longshot possibility.
2. Five Sixteen - gelding saved every inch while 2nd in the Curlin prep.
3. Golden Ticket - away since the Derby. Working very well.
4. Stealcase - will like the distance, but seems outclassed.
5. Street Life - late bloomer won the Curlin and should be charging through the lane.
6. Alpha - wired the Jim Dandy field over a very sloppy track. Distance questionable, but loves the track.
7. Atigun - 3rd in the Belmont is his claim to fame.
8. Neck 'n Neck - finished resolutely in the Jim Dandy. Has come into his own.
9. Liaison - Baffert runner also closed in the Jim Dandy. Back to Bejarano. Should like added distance.
10. Nonios - another late bloomer was 2nd in the Haskell. Johnny V aboard 1st time.
11. Fast Falcon - Zito runner needs more seasoning to handle these.
Neck 'n Neck
View Public Profile
Valrico Gold's albums
Find More Posts by Valrico Gold