View Single Post
Old
08-24-2012, 11:33 PM
FromTheSide

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Try going to adsense.com. It's the same username/password as your gmail/YT accounts.

It says to start monetizing your videos. You're pretty much good to go, as long as your adsense is set up. They won't send you a check until there's $100 waiting for you, so you have plenty of time to provide them with your tax info.

After your adsense is ready, you click the start monetizing my video link and there should be a $ sign next to each video. There's a form that asks if all the content is your own. Make sure to be honest, especially now with their content ID matching.

As for the montages, I see 2 problems with them:
1. The video is owned by the NHL, MSG, or NBC (depending)
2. Unless the music is public domain, you made it, or you can prove you have permission to use it, you won't get paid for it either.

The montages will obviously be allowed to be up though. You just don't get any $ from that.
So despite it having a $ sign say..next to one of my parody "history will be made" videos, theres no point in trying to monetize it since i have no right to it, correct?

I actually found my way to the adsense site. I'm logged in now but apperently i'm supposed to make an "ad unit" and i have NO CLUE how to do that

It shows no earnings and all that yada yada but i dont see anything about having to give my tax info or such