View Single Post
Old
08-25-2012, 10:15 AM
PlagerBros*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaronIndian View Post
I think you are referring to him paying a 25,000 euro fine in the 2006 Frieburg doping case to stop investigation. As per german law it is not an admission of guilt. Stupid, but thats what it is.

I have a theory that Kloden was content to be domestique(to Ullrich, Vino, Contador, Armstrong) even though he was capable of winning the race himself and was even in that position a few times. Its like he was afraid that the target would be on his back if he ever won the TdF.

You can start by reading up on his very public bullying of fellow cyclist/doper Fillipo Simeoni during the 2004 TdF and turning the peleton against him, or the threats and harassment meted to Frankie Andreu's wife by Armstrong and co. Armstrong had enormous clout with the media, the sponsors and the peleton. He absolutely had no moral compunction to use that clout in every way possible to browbeat his opponents into submission.
I love posts like this, very CN Clinic like! Lance turned the peloton against Simeoni?!?! The peloton didn't need anyone to turn them against a rider who they felt was calling them dopers and claiming he was clean. Good, God the hatred for Armstrong is so asinine that you guys just make crap up to fit. He probably doped (unlike others, without 100% proof I don't claim to know anyone did anything) but he was no worse then all of the other big names and even domestiques during his time.

PlagerBros* is offline   Reply With Quote