View Single Post
Old
08-25-2012, 11:37 AM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If one of Gorges Markov or Subban gets hurt, then one of Diaz Emelin or Kaberle can step into a bigger role.

People seem to forget that Diaz and Emelin acquitted themselves pretty good with 2nd pair minutes for part of the 1st half with Markov Gill Campoli and Spacek all out. That was without any NHL experience, this year they'll have a year under their belt and I expect a strong progression. Kaberle has played most of his career as a #1 or 2 guy, if he shows up in shape and focused he should be an above average #4 or 5 guy that can step up and play an extra 2-4 minutes a night for 10-12 games if needed.
Diaz, Kaberle and Emelin are not top 3 defensemen on any team. I think you think they're better than what they actually are.

Kaberle was brought in to fill in the gap left by Markov. He didn't succeed.

Diaz is not capable of playing 15+ minutes a night against the other teams top lines. I don't care what you say. Nothing he's done last year shows he's remotely ready for that.

Emelin is the best bet there. He can and likely will be a top 4 defender. That doesn't make our defense much better than it is. We don't have a legitimate star calibre defenseman or a big, rugged shut down defemsmen. We're painfully thin on the back end with not much support or talent there. Sorry, but that's what we have right now.

Again, why do you insist on making our defense sound better than it is? It's really not that good.