View Single Post
Old
08-25-2012, 01:04 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
Gap is much closer, Oil still didn't address the main problem this offseason; a top shut down pair and a top tier goalie. Probably still be a bottom 10 team, however should be a bit better than dead last and bottom two.

I don't think they're quite there yet. In a few years they might end up being pretty damn good, that's if they finally get their D-man. Hopefully it's before they have to pay those four kids the big bucks (all +6 mill contracts heh).
And that's the big IF regarding the Oilers. They can't build the proper depth if they have to start signing tough cheques. Likewise, they might have trouble keeping players long term. I know if I was Eberle, I'd take advantage of a sooner unrestricted free agency before the next CBA eliminates that. I'd go to arb.

Look at the Islanders and how they've had to lose some players to F.A, and then look at the Blackhawks having to dismantle after winning the cup. Had the Blackhawks lost that year, they might not have ever won the cup until their next rebuild because they had to dismantle so bad. Even though the cap has increased every year, the Oilers window for a very deep team is closing soon.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote