Voracek
Read
Laughton
Gustaffson
picks

To Philly:
Kane
Byfuglien/Bogosian
I'd be okay with Voracek as [B]one] of the main pieces but it'd take more than picks to be added. The second part is ridiculous though - you certainly don't get Byfuglien for Read + Laughton + Gustaffson and Bogosian would be ten times harder to pry away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
But I said any 3 so.....

Booth++ is what the offer is?
Booth is not something I'd consider a major piece for Kane. He's 3 years removed from even being a decent player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Enstrom and Michalek is a pretty even swap.
I feel you might be alone in that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Schnied for Kane is a fair deal.

The Peg could then flip Pav to TO
This is even more ridiculous. Schneider will not return a young 30 goal scorer even from a team that needs a goalie, much less as part of a deal that requires the team to flip their own goalie who's more proven to TO for some yet to be agreed on package that likely also fails massively at fulfilling any of the Jets needs.

I expect Kane would hypothetically fetch a Kessel-like return. That is, two top-10 picks although not necessarily as high as second overall, or the equivalent in young roster players and/or top prospects. I expect Schneider will fetch the equivalent of a second-line winger OR second-pairing D, plus one or two mid-round picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I know the first Oil proposal was awful, hopefully this one is better???

To EDM: Kane

To WPG: Hemsky, Klefbom, 2013 1st, 2014 1st

If Hemsky can get into 70 games or more (yes, I realize even that is questionable), he should be good for 60 pts. Klefbom is a stud in the making with a full compliment of tools, likely 1-2 years away. 2013 is a strong draft where our pick likely falls anywhere from 8-16. 2014, who knows, but a guess would put us 15-20.

I realize most Jet fans will say one of the big 4, but in 3 of those scenarios we downgrade (Hall, RNH, Ebs), and maybe even all 4 depending on how Yak performs (as well as having 7 yrs of contract control vs 4 with Kane). Again, this is also under the OP's premise that he actually wants out.
Ask yourself what the Oilers would want for Hall, even before he signed, and then assume the Jets want that much for Kane. You wouldn't give up a player like Hall for a player like Hemsky as one of the main pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Schneider for Kane? Valuewise it seems fair, I would seriously consider doing that. Has Kane ever played RW before?
Is everyone in here drunk today? How does a backup goalie fetch a 20 year old 30 goal scorer as fair value?