View Single Post
Old
08-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Injured Reserve

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I still don't see any chance of us moving a potential top 4 d-man before the season so I don't think that part matters. We currently have 3 proven top 4 d-men; two of which just had awful seasons. We have at least two others with potential, but they'll need to prove they can handle it before we move anybody. Shero isn't going to create an even bigger hole in the defense to fill a wing position. If things go well and Martin, Orpik, Niskanen and Despres all perform as well as some of us think they can, then we can move one of them. If not, Shero has made it pretty clear that defense is a higher priority than wings.

And I actually think the opposite as far as Tangradi goes. If there's ever a time to try him, its the beginning of the season when we can still pick up a guy like Heatley later.
I know the thread and discussion was about possibly moving Martin for wing help, but my post was more me giving my opinion on potentially acquiring Heatley, in general.

I agree, I don't think Shero will deal Martin. Not until he has a good idea whether some of the youngsters can handle NHL minutes, and can potentially take Martin's minutes.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote