View Single Post
Old
08-25-2012, 02:55 PM
La Cosa Nostra
FIRE MURRAY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post

Do you want all the youth movement to be following the example of Shane Doan day in and day out... or thomas vanek?
Uh how about both?We have the cap space even signing Ennis to a ~2.5 cap hit contract by putting Pardy in the AHL.Next season just by Regehr and Leopold coming off the books there would be 7 million to earmark towards Doan.And we have enough Dmen in the pipeline to replace those 2.

I'd put Leino in the AHL to gain cap space since you just said the Sabres are a team with "endless financial abilities" instead of just letting Vanek walk for nothing.You let your personal vendettas get in the way of making the Sabres a better team.It's laughable you would rather have a 38 year old Shane Doan making 7.5 a year instead of re-signing a top LW in the league at age 30 to a contract lower then his current caphit.

For the record I condone the Doan signing but as an addition to the current roster and to make the cap space available by trimming the fat, not trying to dump our best offensive player for nothing.3 days ago you were suggesting trading Vanek for Niklas Hjalmarsson No one besides someone with an unwarranted personal hatred for a player would ever suggest trading a premier LW in the NHL for a 2nd pairing d-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
im not worried about it... there is very little chance vanek is re-signed
Wrong.Vanek will be re-signed because Darcy Regier knows how difficult it will be to acquire a forward with Vanek's scoring prowess to come to Buffalo.You think he hasn't learned from his first 2 FA periods under Pegula that even with unlimited money you can't even get a top notch UFA to sign in Buffalo?And don't even mention trading for one, because that is just terrible asset management by letting a proven 1st line LW walk for nothing and then turn around and trading the massive assets it would take to acquire a Vanek caliber player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
yes, because sekera has had the same responsibility, contract, role as the other two... i know you are desperate to make some sort of point about how stupid i am, so changing the subject makes sense...
That statement was just as relevant and true as you calling Vanek a "garbage" skater.And I'm curious to see why it isn't a valid point to bring up the futility of the teams that Andrej Sekera has been on, especially since according to you he has been our best defenseman.Contract means nothing in the grand scheme of things,a player needs to perform regardless of salary.

Sekera has scored 30+ points one time in his whole life...OHL,AHL and NHL.Like I said his team's have won one playoff series his whole life, but playoff success is only attributed to single players when it comes to your side of the argument right?Blaming Vanek for our lack of playoff success over the years is a joke, especially since in 10-11 he carried our team down the stretch to even MAKE the playoffs, but that hasn't stopped you from giving him full blame of it.And when it's your boy that's brought up in the SAME EXACT scenario (no playoff success) you just spin excuses attributing that it's "not the same", except that it is.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote