View Single Post
Old
08-25-2012, 03:04 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
4 players is just over 1 top line. They're (legit) supporting staff of Gagne, Hemsky, and Smyth either need to be replaced with better talent, which is the likely scenerio, or they need to be resigned and won't take a discount. Except Smyth bleeds copper and gold.

So then there's bottom 6 depth, such as Omark, Paajarvi, Lander and Hartikainen. All due for a pay raise soon, and likely not physical enough. And then there's a nothing defense except for Smid and Shultz, and a over-hyped Whitney. All looking for a pay raise soon. And then there's the blue-line prospects too. Dubnyk will eventually be a decent starter and will either want a pay raise or a new team.

Anyways it adds up. I wanted to see the Oilers land a legit free agent to be truly afraid that they would win a cup. I also wanted to see some hometown discounts. I saw neither. They likely have a bad stigma with players given the situations that have occurred over years (ie, Pronger, Souray, Smyth) and my evidence for that would be the Heatley situation. I'm not sure players have them as a destination.
I am aware of that but look at the kings last year the cap was 64.3 million and their 4 biggest cap hits in total was 22.072 million or 34% with a cap of 70 million the big four would need a combined caphit of 24 million or 4 caphits of 6 million each (what Hall got) in other words their is no problem resigning the core.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote