View Single Post
Old
08-25-2012, 10:17 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
Well, I have the basic "gosh that's too bad" sympathy that I have for anyone who has a setback in life but I don't see a need for anymore than that in this case. It is not an unexpected outcome of working for a pro sports team.
Losing a job is not a setback in life? Good grief...

It's also not an unexpected outcome for being a teacher, nurse, doctor, fire fighters, police officer, assembly worker, pilot, autoworker, professor - heck you can name pretty much any profession you want. These are all professions that are directly affected by unexpected or expected work stoppages. It doesn't mean you can't feel empathy for their situation. These people have no input to negotiations. They can't vote to get back to work and make sure hockey is played in October. They are held hostage in all of this you realize?

I sure hope you have a lot more "sympathy" in real life as you say than what you're exhibiting here on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
Perhaps. But don't you think if someone knows their job might go away, then that person should make preparations for that possibility?
What would you have done in the situation then?

The Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote