View Single Post
Old
08-26-2012, 07:32 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Whether it's Montreal or not, there's only 7 rounds now. You do find gems that are undrafted. And it only takes one. 2 players last year played a significant role with their respective team without being drafted in Matt Read and Jason Garrison and I surely forget others. And you add Desharnais in the mix.

That's the reason why I don't get the Habs thought process in regard to their dev camps....I would invite a lot more people. I know, it's not my money. And I also understand that the Habs have a problem that other teams don't have......most of their draftees DO make it in the pros which reduces the numbers of places available. But again, it only takes one......I still believe that one of the weakness our scouting group has (they're great but human so not perfect) is that for the number of scouts and the time we spend in the US, I believe we had to find the Matt Read and the Jason Garrison of this world. And not end up with Brock Trotter instead. We need to do better in that department.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote